So its your first time and I can imagine you’re feeling a little nervous…
What to pack? What to wear? Are the toilets as horrific as people say?
Here’s a step by step guide to prepare you for your first festival!
What to pack (the basics and the musts)
- Your tent (obvs)
- Sleeping bag
- A comfy pillow or head rest
- Ear plugs (you’ll be thankful)
- Plastic water bottle to mix drinks
- Make-up wipes
- Cereal bars
- Dried fruit
- Lots of hoodies
- Lots of vests and T-shirts
- Your comfiest undies
- Socks! You can never have enough of these especially at night
- Biker boots
- Coat (waterproof or a warm coat will do)
- A bum bag or over the shoulder bag
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Toilet roll (this is like the equivalent to diamonds in festival land)
- Wet wipes
- Dry shampoo
- Small compact mirror (how else will you apply your face paint?)
- Lots of hair bands/headscarves
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (might as well keep some of your dignity)
- Deck chairs for you and your crew to sit on
- Blanket – this was perfect for the night time
- Hand sanitiser
- Trackies for night time
- Face paint
- Ibuprofen/plasters – you never know!
Short answer – yes!
Will there be a place to charge my phone and get cash out?
We live in 2015 of course there will be but there will probably be a long queue, so it might be worth investing in a portable phone charger to take with you.
What happens if it rains?
Festivals are expensive and it depends on the type of food and drink you like, as well as the amount of days you’ll be there for. Take more than you think you need!
What should I dress up as?
I’m going to a festival abroad are flip flops the best footwear for this type of event?
I’m going to a posh festival with my parents what should I wear?
Dress, shorts or a floaty top and for the feet a nice pair of ankle boots.